Beautification & Improvement Grant
The purpose of the Improvement Grant Program is to make our Ponca City Main Street District more attractive by sharing the cost of small beautification and improvement efforts with business and property owners.
These grants are a dollar-for-dollar match up to $50 on flowers, banners, signage, window displays, and all those finishing touches that make your storefront look welcoming to customers! It is our hope that our Main Street members will take advantage of this opportunity to work together to improve our district.
- Planters, Flowers, trees, shrubs, and other land-scaping including soil, mulch, pots, etc.
- Signage (projecting signs, window vinyl, sandwich boards, sale/promotional signage, banners, etc.)
- Public art (sculptures, murals, etc.)
- Window displays
- Holiday lighting and decorations for storefront
- Exterior painting (except for applying paint to unpainted brick)
- Exterior lighting
- Exterior cleaning
PCMS Beautification & Improvement Grants are a dollar-for-dollar match up to 50% of the total project costs, not to exceed $50.
The building must be located within the boundaries of Ponca City Main Street's program area (see map below).
Only commercial properties that are a Main Street member at the $365 level or higher are eligible.
Completed applications must be submitted and approval made prior to work beginning. Grants are not awarded for work done prior to approval.
Work must be completed within 45 days of grant award.
Once the project is completed, grant winners must submit paid receipts for reimbursement. PCMS will verify that the work was done according to the approved project before reimbursing funds.
Awardee agrees to let PCMS put a small sign in their business that they are a grant recipient as well as allow PCMS to use images of the project on promotional materials.
If applicant is not the building owner, and the project will make a permanent change to the building, building owner must sign-off on Grant Application.
Things to Consider
All decisions are made according to the merit of individual projects with the overall goal of maximizing PCMS resources. Applications which meet the following criteria will be given special considerations:
- High Visual Impact - Improvements that make a dramatic difference in the visual appeal of the district.
- Active Street Front - Improvements that make the pedestrian experience more pleasant.
- Historic / Architectural Integrity - Projects that enhance a building's historical appearance. Grants will not be awarded to projects that cover, damage or remove original architectural detailing.